The winners of the UN Cares 2016 Award have been selected
1 December 2016 -The United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon thanks all UN Cares teams worldwide for their commitment and congratulates the winning teams in this short video message.
The UN Cares Award is a way to recognize the work of UN Cares teams all over the world who work hard to implement the UN Cares 10 Minimum Standards.
We are proud to announce the winners of the 2016 UN Cares Awards and honorable mentions.
|Reaching children and adolescents|
|Implementing UN for ALL|
|Lifetime achievement award|
All of these programmes provide strong examples of what UN Cares can achieve with the commitment of UN leadership and a strong UN Cares team. UN Cares thanks all of the country teams that submitted an application, as well as the panel of esteemed judges who reviewed the many submissions.
- Syed Mohamed Afsar, Senior Technical Specialist, International Labour Organization.
- Manuel da Quinta, Asia-Pacific Regional Community Mobilisation and Networking Advisor, UNAIDS.
- Stephen Flaetgan, Vice Chair UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS/UN Women Staff Council.
- Luz Gonzales, Human Resources Strategic Partner, LACRO, UNFPA.
- Liz Huckerby, Chief, Integrated Talent Management, Office of Human Resources, UNDP.
- Hugues Lago, Regional Strategic Interventions Adviser – Treatment, Prevention & Key Populations, RST-West and Central Africa, UNAIDS.
- Erasmus Morah, UNAIDS Country Director, South Africa.
- Idrissa Ouedraogo, Gender Adviser, WCARO, UNFPA.
- Tatiana Shoumilina UNAIDS Country Director, Thailand.
- Jane Sinyei, Associate Coordination Officer, UNON (on behalf of UN Plus).
- Gemma Vestral, FICSA General Secretary.
- Marianne Ward, Vice President for Advocacy, CCISUA (based at WFP).
Winning teams will receive One thousand US dollars (USD 1,000) to be used for UN Cares activities in the country.
Additionally, each member of a UN Cares team that receives an award or an honorable mention will receive a certificate.
To see the rules and conditions for this award process, click here to visit the award launch page.
In 2012, UN Cares introduced the first round of UN Cares awards, to recognize excellence in the work of UN Cares teams at country level. The second edition of the Award process took place in 2014.
Click here to visit the 2012 Award page.
Click here to visit the 2014 Award page.